Winner Voucher SGD 500 Navitas Curtin Singapore – Elisabeth Fina
19 July 2012
Selamat Hari Anak Nasional 2012
23 July 2012

Consumer Affairs Victoria Protects Students From Bad Landlords and Bad Estate Agents

Consumer Affairs Victoria Protects Students From Bad Landlords

Consumer Affairs Victoria Protects Students From Bad Landlords

Consumer Affairs Victoria Protects Students From Bad Landlords and Bad Estate Agents.Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) is an Australian Victorian government agency under the Victoria’s Department of Justice. CAV protects the interests of consumers in Victoria, promoting a fair and safe trading environment. CAV is responsible for reviewing and advising the Victorian Government on consumer legislation and industry codes; advising and educating consumers, tenants, traders and landlords on their rights, responsibilities and changes to the law; registering and licensing businesses and occupations; conciliating disputes between consumers and traders, tenants and landlords; and enforcing and ensuring compliance with consumer laws.

Consumer Affairs Victoria provides services and assistance to International students, understanding hardships they face when moving to Victoria for the first time, for example language barriers and a lack of knowledge of the rental process when looking for suitable accommodation. It helps on a range of subjects including student housing options, tenancy applications and agreements, housing condition reports, repairs, bonds, rent increases and ending a tenancy. Furthermore, Consumer Affairs Victoria also provides information to students prior to them leaving their country, via Victorian Government offices in some countries. As students are arriving from overseas, it provides them with information and advice through its involvement with the City of Melbourne Welcome Booth at Melbourne Airport. Consumer Affairs Victoria also provides materials in ten languages about renting in Victoria, via the website, the international student offices and housing services at Victoria’s major universities and education providers and engages directly with students at orientation and induction weeks.

Consumer Affairs Victoria’s dispute resolution service is free. Its conciliators will discuss the issues and help identify options to resolve a dispute and bring about a voluntary settlement.

For information about legislation or consumer rights, consumers are advised to visit the Consumer Affairs Victoria’s website. Consumers can also call Consumer Affairs Victoria during working hours to make enquiry in English, or using its interpreter for enquiries in other languages, or consumers can visit the Consumer Affairs Victoria branch offices or the head office in the Melbourne CBD.

Leave a Reply

Install SUN Education App
Wajib dimiliki oleh siapapun yang berencana
kuliah keluar negeri!