Tips For Parents12 August 2013
Job Opportunity at SUN15 August 2013
Scholarship Info to Study Abroad
For high achievers, the opportunity to study abroad is always wide open as long as we are willing to try and never give up. Here is the scholarship info to study abroad. Some of them from the Government of Australia, Singapore, United Kingdom, America and many other countries each year provide scholarships to Indonesian students to study in their respective countries.
Below we summarize for you, some sites that contain information on some types of scholarships that might help change your life.
Where there is a will, there must be a way!
May you succeed in achieving your dreams and aspirations.
- Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowship: http://www.rmit.edu.au/about/our-education/academic-colleges/college-of-business/industry/australian-apec-study-centre/projects/australia—apec-women-in-research-fellowship
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships: http://education.gov.au/international-postgraduate-research-scholarships
- The International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education: the-ice.org
- The Walter Mangold Trust Fund: http://www.mangoldtrust.org.au/
- Ministry of Education (MOE) Scholarships: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/scholarships
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU): http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/UndergraduateAdmissions/Pages/Scholarships.aspx
- The National University of Singapore Scholarship (NTU): http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/scholarships.html
YOU MAY KNOW ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Usually offered by governments from each country through the Government to Government (G2G) program or through their respective Education Center (such as the British Council for United Kingdom and Nuffic Neso for the Netherlands).
- Scholarships are also offered by the Independent Organization / Foundation or the university concerned.
- Usually the type of scholarship is very diverse, such as there is only short course (3 months) to full bachelor/master program. Likewise, for the amount, there is a Partial (part / subsidize part of the tuition fee), Full Scholarship for tuition fee only, even up to the cost of daily living.
On average each scholarship is processed through a rigorous selection process. Students are expected to register themselves to the intended university first. After getting the Offer Letter then apply for a scholarship to a particular institution.
- The scholarship has a limited nature and amount. Scholarship recipients usually consider the following:
- Course / field of study desired
- The outstanding academic value (usually a GPA above 3.0)
- TOEFL® / IELTS ™ score is minimal. Normally IELTS ™ 6.0 or TOEFL® 80BT 80 is required
- Jobs owned by the candidate (usually someone with academic or government background will get higher priority)
- Residency from candidates (outside Java usually get bigger chances)
- Gender (on some scholarships, women get bigger chance)
- The intensive work experience and the personal qualities of the candidates during the interview will affect the final assessment of the awarding of the scholarship.